Saturday, August 16, 2014

Meeting Cami (also known as the read-through)

Who was this mysterious Cami? Except for the three who had been at the first audition, none of us had ever met her. Yet she was to be my Marianne. At last this mysterious person was revealed to me as I walked up to that group sitting around on the grass outside Warehouse that Monday. That first glimpse told me all... Sweet, feminine, lovely, sincere. I had no more doubts about my Marianne, and was only excited to know her better, as I knew I inevitably would!

Kelsey introduced her "daughters" to each other, Nathanael arrived with chairs to share, I offered the outgoing Elizabeth my blanket after taking a seat he offered, and Lauren and Michael were late after getting dinner. Nate/Bernard, Mrs. Parker and Mrs Flaherty completed our gathering that night. 

I could hardly wait to hear Nathanael - Lauren and I knew he would be an excellent Edward Ferrars, so I wanted to hear if we'd been right. Is there any doubt? I've already waxed rather eloquent about our Edward. 

Sadly Cami had to leave early, but she was a most sincere, beautiful Marianne that first night. Kelsey was excellent and elegant, as usual. And I just had fun!

We got only three quarters of the way through, sadly, but it was a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment